23rd Guards Orlovsko-Berlinskaya order of Lenin Red Banner Missile Division
23-я гвардейская ракетная Орловско-Берлинская ордена Ленина Краснознаменная дивизия
Military Unit: 21201; from 5.93: 93971
Activated 1.4.59 in Vypolzovo, Tver oblast, as the 25th Guards Orlovsko-Berlinskaya Red Banner Aviation (Missile) Division, from the 11th Guards Heavy Bomber Aviation Division.
Initially under the Air Force (VVS, 50th Air Army), but transferred to the RVSN in 15.3.60, attached to the 50th Missile Army.
August 1959 relocated to Valga, Estonia.
1.7.60 renamed 23rd Guards Orlovsko-Berlinskaya Red Banner Missile Division.
The order of Lenin was awarded in 22.2.68.
30.4.82 ordered to relocate to Kansk, Krasnoyarsk Kray - division stood down 28.9.82.
15.5.83 arrived in Kansk, Krasnoyarsk Kray, and became attached to the 53rd Missile Army.
The last RSD-10 Pioner missile regiment stood down 15.12.88, and the division began preparations to convert to the RT-2PM (SS-25) missile.
From 16.9.02 attached to the 33rd Guards Missile Army.
Headquarters & Administration: