- Maj Egon Liebach, 3.43 - ?
- Obstlt Wolfgang Meder-Eggebert, ? - 12.9.43
- Obstlt Harald Mors, 9.43 - 12.43
- Obstlt Dr. Friedrich August Frhr von der Heydte, 1.44 - 9.44
- Oberst Fritz Hencke, 10.44 - 3.45
Formed in February 1943 in the Vannes/Bretagne area with:
I./FJR.6 from Luftwaffe-Feld-Bataillon 100
II./FJR.6 from IV./Luftlande-Sturm-Regiment 1
When the division left Italy for Russia, II./FJR.6 remained behind and became I./FJR.11. The rest of the regiment was disbanded, I./FJR.6 becoming I./FJR.7, while the remainder of the regiment was divided between FJR.2 and FJR.7.
The Regiment was reformed in Köln-Wahn in January 1944.
In April 1944 the regiment moved to Normandy (Lessay-Mont Castre-Carentan area), attached to the 91st Luftlande-Division, under LXXXIV. AK / AOK.7. Briefly attached to the 2. Fallschirm-Jäger-Division before 6.6.44.
Operated independently for the remainder of the war:
- 6.44, Normandy
- 9.44, Arnhem, under Fs.AOK.1 together with Division Erdmann and Kampfgruppe Scheel.
- 1944/45, Aachen and Hürtgenwald
- 1943: I. 1-4, II. 5-8, III. 9-12, 13, 14
- 1944: I. 1-4, II. 5-8, III. 9-12, 13, 14, 15 (Pi.)
© 1997-2003 Michael Holm