- GenMaj. Walter Wadehn, 6.1.45 - 5.5.45
- Maj Paul Buckpesch, 1.45 - 1.45
- Maj Albert Stecken, 15.1.45 - 5.45
- Maj Helmut Bode, 5.45 - 5.45
The division was ordered formed on 24.9.44 (with FJR.22, 23 and 24), but formation was cancelled on 15.10.44. FJR.23 went to the 2. Fallschirm-Jäger-Division, and the Fallschirm-Luftnachrichten-Abteilung was transferred to the army on 2.1.45.
The division was reformed on 1.45, at Köln-Wahn from various ad-hoc units.
The new division consisted of the following units:
- Fallschirm-Jäger-Regiment 22
- Fallschirm-Jäger-Regiment 24
- Fallschirm-Jäger-Regiment 32
- Fallschirm-Luftnachrichten-Abteilung 8
- Fallschirm-Pionier-Bataillon 8
- Fallschirm-Feldersatz-Bataillon 8
- Kommandeur der Fallschirm-Jäger-Division Nachschubtruppen 8
Formation of other subordinated units were planned. On 20.2.45 Luftwaffen-Festungs-Bataillon XXVII was absorbed by the division. The division were refreshed 15.3.45 at Wesel, by order of Oberbefehlshaber West.
The division served under the following headquarters:
|2.45 - 3.45||II. FsAK / Fs.AOK.1||Nijmegen, Kleve, Menzelen, Wesel|
|4.45||II. FsAK / Fs.AOK.1||Ems, Weser, Ruhr-pocket|
Surrendered in Ruhr-pocket.
Replacement troops were provided by Fallschirm-Jäger-Ersatz-Bataillon 4.
© 1997-2003 Michael Holm