34th Artillery Division

34-я артиллерийская дивизия

Military Unit: 55872

Activated 10.45 in Potsdam, East Germany.

Organisation 1950:

In 1958 the 38th Guards Cannon Artillery Brigade was renamed 243rd Guards Cannon Artillery Regiment.

Re-organised in 1960:

Organisation 1960:

Organisation 1970:

In 1970 the 245th Heavy Howitzer Artillery Regiment was renamed 288th Heavy Howitzer Artillery Brigade, and the 248th Guards Cannon Artillery Regiment was renamed 286th Guards Cannon Artillery Brigade.

In 1974 the 243rd Guards Cannon Artillery Regiment was renamed 303rd Guards Cannon Artillery Brigade, and the 17th Cannon Artillery Regiment was renamed 307th Reactive Artillery Brigade.

Organisation 1975:

Organisation 1980:

In 1982 the 303rd Guards Cannon Artillery Brigade gave up it's 72 152mm 2s5 Giatsint-B, and was rearmed on the 48 203mm 2s7 Pion.

Organisation 1988:

In 1.89 the 122nd Anti-Tank Artillery Brigade arrived in East Germany, and joined the brigade.

1993 inherited the traditions, honors and awards from the 2nd Guards Artillery Division, and was renamed 34th Guards Perekopskaya Red Banner order of Suvorov Artillery Division.

Organisation 2000:

Disbanded 2009.

Headquarters:

Subordination:

Equipment 1979:

Equipment 19.11.90 (CFE treaty holdings):

Equipment 1.1.2000 (CFE treaty holdings):

Divisional coordinates: