24th Training Tank Division

24-я учебная танковая дивизия

Military Unit: 29760

Activated 9.6.56 in Kubinka, Moscow Oblast, as the 24th Heavy Tank Division.

Organisation 1956:

25.6.57 converted to a regular tank division, and renamed 24th Tank Division.

Organisation 1960:

In 8.60 renamed 24th Training Tank Division.

19.2.62 the 000 independent Training Missile Battalion and the 381st independent Training Equipment Maintenance and Recovery Battalion was activated.

In 3.63 the 285th Guards Training Motorised Rifle Regiment was replaced by the 13th Guards Motorised Rifle Regiment, from the 3rd Guards Motorised Rifle Division.

In 1968 the 422nd independent Training Sapper Battalion was renamed 422nd independent Training Engineer-Sapper Battalion.

Organisation 1970:

In 1972 the 000 independent Training Chemical Defence Company was renamed 556th independent Training Chemical Defence Battalion.

Organisation 1980:

14.9.87 renamed 54th District Training Center.

Organisation 1988:

In 9.92 the 13th Guards Training Motorised Rifle Regiment was detached, and was renamed 25th independent Guards Motorised Rifle Brigade, and remained in Adazi until 11.93, when it left for Strugi Krasnye, Pskov Oblast. The regiment was never replaced.

Disbanded 1995.

Headquarters:

Subordination:

Equipment 12.85:

Equipment 19.11.90 (CFE treaty holdings):

Divisional coordinates:

The division was maintained as a Not Ready Division - Low-Strength Cadre (US terms: Category III).