Balashov Higher Military Aviation School of Pilots im. Chief Marshal of Aviation A.A. Novikov (BLVVAUL)
Балашовское высшее военное авиационное училище летчиков им. Главного Маршала авиации А.А. Новикова (БЛВВАУЛ)
Military Unit: 00000
Activated 22.10.30 in Balashov, Saratov Oblast, as the 3rd United Pilot and Aviation Equipment School GVF.
16.7.34 renamed Balashov Flight School GVF.
9.39 renamed Balashov Military Aviation School, and absorbed the 27th Flight School VVS from Chita, Chita Oblast.
1.9.42 evacuated to Slavgorod, Altay Kray, and was disbanded 1946.
The 2nd Balashov Military Aviation School of Pilots was activated 1.5.44 in Balashov, Saratov Oblast.
25.7.45 renamed 2nd Balashov Military Aviation School of Pilots VVS KA.
1948 renamed Balashov Military Aviation School of Pilots for Long-Range Aviation.
5.6.54 renamed Balashov Military Aviation School of Pilots for VTA and Long-Range Aviation.
25.5.59 renamed Balashov Higher Military Aviation School of Pilots.
14.5.77 named "imeni twice Hero of the Soviet Union Chief Marshal of Aviation A. A. Novikov".
8.98 renamed Balashov Military Aviation Institute.
1.9.02 renamed Balashov Training Aviation Center and 4th Aviation Department of the Krasnodar Military Aviation Institute.